Monday, September 19, 2011

Week 2- Social Media Privacy/Excel

I am now on week 2 in my blog for my entrepreneurial idea. This past week Professor Rubin talked about both privacy in social media as well as the program excel. While I could not find any direct connections to these two lecture topics and my music device, I found ways that will benefit the idea in the long run if it were to really get going.

Last week in my blog I talked about how I could get my idea out there by making a page on Facebook as well as posting tweets and status' about the idea. In terms of social media privacy, I wouldn't want that. I want my idea to be out there so people can start to learn about it and give me there feedback. I know with twitter there is not much I can do to edit my privacy settings because it is a more open website, but with Facebook I can. I definitely wouldn't want my idea to be taken from me by somebody else if they looked at the Facebook page and tried duplicating it, however it would have to be a risk I would have to take in order for my idea to get off the ground.

By using excel, I would not be able to advance my idea at all because it is a computer program, however it could be a nice compliment for the device if it were to be successful. Excel has many great features I was not aware of before this lecture, most important being the pivot table feature. Pivot tables enable somebody to quickly and easily summarize and analyze large amounts of data. In the beginning of the idea, I will not have a lot of data to be sorted out, but if this idea were to become big, I would need a tool like this to sort things such as the profit we are making and where that profit is coming from, as well as many other variables; this could all be done through excel.

No comments:

Post a Comment