Sunday, October 23, 2011

Week 7- Networking

This past week, professor Rubin took 2 classes to discuss the topic of networking. This topic doesn't really integrate well with my topic of a device that takes music from a car and records it directly. However, if this device were to hit it off, I would want to make a website for it, and then networking would be key.

In order for me to make myself a website, I would need to obtain an IP address because this address basically makes the website. An IP address is a set of four bytes between 0-255. The first two sets of number is the networks address, the third number is the sub-net, which is then followed by the last number which is the actual host.

The next step would be obtaining a domain name. A domain name is simply just an alias for an IP address. I would have to go through ICANN, which is responsible for managing and coordinating the domain name system. The domain name I would receive would be an unrestricted domain name under ".com".

No comments:

Post a Comment